- All patients registered at the practice have a named, accountable GP responsible for their overall care, but any patient can see any doctor or nurse they choose.
- Patients have the right to say if they would prefer to see a particular doctor or nurse and we will try to arrange this (as long as they are available). We understand that ‘continuity of care’ is important. Seeing the same nurse or doctor for a particular condition can make it easier to get the right diagnosis and plan your treatment/management better.
- Registered patients are invited to have a health check from time to time. We hope you will take up this service.
- We also offer all patients over 40 an NHS Health Check every 5 years. Please contact reception to discuss this.
- Patients have the right to see their own health records, subject to the terms of the Data Protection Act.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment. That way clinics are more likely to run on time.
- Please inform the practice if you can’t make an appointment or if the appointment is no longer necessary, so the slot can be offered to another patient.
- Please try and attend the surgery and do not make a request for a home visit unless absolutely necessary. Home visits are for bedbound or seriously ill patients. In the time it takes to conduct 1 home visit we can typically see at least 4 patients at the surgery.
- Please make requests for repeat prescriptions in good time. We suggest at least 72 hours before you need more medication.
- Please co-operate with all practice staff and treat them courteously. They are trying to help you.